Trainings and Certifications
- Kripalu Yoga:
500 Hour Advance Yoga Certification through Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, Stockbridge, MA. Kripalu is the largest center for yoga and holistic living in North America. Kripalu Yoga features creative sequencing focusing on physical asanas (postures), pranayama (breathing), and meditation that allows you to make intelligent choices from within. Kripalu practices are led as a creative inquiry with an emphasis upon personal experience being the authentic teacher.
- 200 Hour Vinyasa Yoga Training, Philadelphia, PA
- Yoga for Multiple Sclerosis, taught by the National MS Society, Philadelphia, PA
- Yoga for Cancer/Oncology Medical Conference attendee, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Yin Yoga Training Certification with Paul Grilley and Pauly Zink in Buffalo, NY, Washington, DC., and Philadelphia, Pa. Yin Yoga targets the deepest tissues of our body with passive, longer held poses to gently stretch and rehabilitate the connective tissues that form in our joints, ligaments and bones.
- Yoga For Depression-Amy Weintraub, Princeton, NJ
- Yoga 4 Cancer-55 Hour Professional Yoga Certificate with Tari Prinster, Stockbridge, MA
- Relax and Renew Restorative Yoga, Level 1 Trained, Judith Hanson Lasater, Stockbridge, MA
- Certified Thai Yoga Massage Practitioner from The Thai Institute of Healing Arts, Arlington, VA, which is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Body Work.
- Integrative Restoration Institute (iRest) Level 2 Teacher, San Rafael, CA, and Stockbridge, MA. iRest is a simple form of meditation designed for modern day living. It helps you tap into a place that is calm, even when life is not. iRest is used to help heal from serious trauma, stress, insomnia, depression, PTSD, chronic pain, and chemical dependency. For more information on this evidence based practice, please visit www.irest.org
- *Currently, the majority of my iRest/Restful Meditation teachings are being shared with the US Military at various Yellow Ribbon Military events/locations. I have worked at McGuire Air Force Base, Fort Dix, Dover Military Base, Arlington, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Atlantic City bases and surrounding areas along the east coast. I am willing to travel to any military event based in the US or abroad. Please inquire for a list of references.
Peace…It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart. ~Unknown